Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day Six

At least I think it's day six. They have started running together for me. But today was another great day in Honduras. The weather was just perfect as we drove to the community of Maqualiso (spelling?) to distribute bags of food. They were gone in no time. It's one of the poorest areas I have ever seen but the area is absolutely beautiful. It sits on the side of a mountain with a breathtaking view of the Honduran countryside. The people were so friendly and wonderful to meet. We gave away 200 or more bags and could have given away hundreds more.
Jimmy and Joel finally picked up their bags from the airport today! Yay! Just in time for tomorrow's return flight home. Ha ha.
What a wonderful trip this has been. It's going to be hard to leave our Honduran family here in the morning but I am sure looking forward to getting home. I have four little boys and a pretty special wife at home that I've missed quite a bit.
I can't wait to share more stories of our Honduran adventures with you in the days ahead. In the meantime be praying for us as we travel tomorrow and start thinking about making the trip with us next year! Jim

Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment