Monday, July 20, 2009

A Letter from Honduras

The following is a letter that our sister, Erin Nodel, sent back with us from Honduras. Erin is the daughter of Carlos and Marla, our missionaries in the Valle de Angeles in Honduras. I was privileged to have gotten to spend a good deal of time with them as we were there. She is a beautiful and sweet young lady who greatly aided us in our work. As Ricky mentioned last Sunday, she also sent us with a beautiful statuette which depicts her in a beautiful “sweet 15” dress. Erin just recently turned 15 and was baptized into Christ. In their culture, turning 15 is a big deal and putting the Lord on in baptism is a big deal in any culture… we are so proud of her!

To the Washington Street church,

I hope, on receiving this letter, that everything is well with you and that our heavenly father is spilling many blessings on each one of your families.

I want to tell all of you that I admire you very much and that I love each one of you. You have come to be a part of my family. The people that I know have told me many things about you and you are an important part of my life

I do not have the words to tell you how grateful I am for all that you have done for me and for my family. Many, many thanks (muchisimas gracias).

May our heavenly father richly bless you.
from one who loves you and admires you, Erin Nodel Toledo (15 years)

No comments:

Post a Comment