Monday, April 27, 2009

Back to it!

Okay, so I have fallen a little behind. I’ve got some work to do this week to catch up in my “Cover to Cover” daily readings in order to be back on track and up to date. According to my Bible reading plan, I should be reading through 1 Chronicles chapters 3 thru 6 today, but I’ve got to admit that I’m still back in 2 Kings and plowing through the stories of all those unfaithful kings of Judah. The list of Israel’s kings stopped when they were wiped out and carried off into Assyria last night. I AM at least making progress! It is my hope that my confession will encourage you… if you’ve fallen behind, you are not the only one… and you CAN catch up!

Not that I am making excuses, but the main reason that I’ve fallen behind is that I had turned my focus to this month’s sermon series, “Vintage Jesus” for a little while. I know, it’s not a good excuse, but that’s my story and I’m sticking to it! I hope that our look at some of the vintage teachings of our Savior was encouraging and challenging to all of us… it was to me! But now I’m back on track and wanting to return our Sunday morning focus back to the narrative of God’s people and our year-long “Cover to Cover” study. This Sunday, we return to the story of Israel, picking up with 1 Samuel where we left of. We’ll be trying to make up some ground to catch up with where our reading schedule should put us. For the month of May we will be looking at the great stories of Samuel, Saul, David and Solomon presented in the historical books of the Old Testament, Samuel, Kings and Chronicles. That will prepare us to move into the summer months and into the wisdom books of Psalms, Proverbs and Ecclesiastes and into an exploration of the “meaning of life.” Keep up in your readings… be prayerful about your time in the Word… and come prepared to explore more fully the meaning of God’s Word for our lives today every week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment