Monday, December 8, 2008

RCA Bible Class

I talk a whole lot from the pulpit and in my Bible classes about my RCA class and how special the kids are to me.  For those of you who don't know, I have been teaching a Bible class down at Riverside Christian Academy in the mornings for the last 3 1/2 years.  I can't believe the time has just flown by!  It's really a lot of fun!  For the last couple of years I have been teaching Seniors... about to graduate... about to set off on their own.  It's a great time to talk with them about important things that really matter to them and we have a great time doing it.

If you've ever wondered what I do down there... I just thought I'd let you know that I have been posting this semester's curriculum on this blog.  You can look at all of the handouts/ study guides and the syllabus by clicking on the "RCA Class" tab above.  I try to keep this site updated for my students so that they can access the study guides if (and WHEN) they lose the copy I give them in class.  For now, I'm keeping the exams to myself... but if anyone would like a copy of one to take at home, let me know.  I might be able to hook you up... but you'll have to let me grade you on it!

First semester has been a re-cap of the new testament from somewhat of a theological standpoint.  We've looked at Jesus' parables, his miracles, his major teachings and at how he described himself to the people.  We've focused on the church these last few weeks... looking at images of the church, conversion stories in Acts and at the practices that define God's people- baptism & Lord's Supper.  Maybe you'll find it interesting... its been a great semester!  Next semester we're going to turn and focus on "Finding Our Way"... and at the unique way God is preparing each one of us for service in his Kingdom.  I'll be posting that info in the coming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment